Designed for home and home offices, the Canon PIXMA G3170 MegaTank All-in-One inkjet printer delivers high-quality, low-cost printing, and outstanding wireless connectivity in a compact size. Get serious print productivity with a high page yield of up to 6,000 Black / 7,700 Color pages1 per full ink bottle set and a low cost per print - MegaTank means Mega Savings.
The PIXMA G3170 is easy to set up and maintain and offers great media versatility to print on a variety of media types and sizes, including photo paper, envelopes, banners and more. Use Poster Artist Online2 to create professional-posters, banners and signage. Print both documents and photos on a variety of paper types using a hybrid ink system with pigment black for sharp black text and dye-based colors for vivid borderless3 photos up to 8.5” x 11”. Produce crisp, colorful documents quickly and cost-effectively with fast print speeds and a high quality 4-color pigment-based ink system. Keep printing with a plain paper capacity of up to 100 sheets or 20 photo sheets (4” x 6”). Easily connect and print through high-speed USB or wirelessly5 from computers or mobile devices. This model is compatible with Windows, Mac and Chromebook.
* USB cable not included
1. Page yield of included ink bottles used for initial setup is lower than the replacement ink bottles, as a certain amount of ink is consumed to fill into the print head during setup (charging the print head initially). Page yield is the estimated value based on Canon individual test method using the ISO/IEC 24712 chart and continuous printing simulation with the replacement ink bottles after initial setup. Page yield of color inks is an average yield of cyan, magenta and yellow inks combined. Page yield varies significantly depending on content printed, ink levels maintained in all four reservoirs, and other factors. Up to 6,000 (black)/7,700 (color) printed page yields are approximate using `default printing mode’, up to 8,300 (black)/7,700 (color) printed page yields are approximate using `economy printing mode’ via Windows/Mac OS driver or printer copy setting, based off document pages printed. A full set of MegaTank GI-11 ink bottles (pigment black, cyan, magenta, yellow) is equivalent to 30 each standard capacity Black (PG-260) and Color (CL-261, composed of cyan, magenta and yellow) ink cartridges sold individually based on print yield. Ink value savings based on MSRP (USD) of stated equivalent ink cartridges as of November 2020.
2. PosterArtist Online Version requires a personal computer with Internet access and a compatible Canon printer. The service is not available on some operating systems or browsers.
3. Paper types NOT supported for borderless printing are as follows: Envelope, High Resolution Paper, T-Shirt Transfer and Photo Stickers. The maximum borderless printing size is 8.5” x 11”.
4. Document print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734. Photo print speed is based on the default setting using ISO/JIS-SCID N2 on Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and does not take into account data processing time on host computer. Print speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. Copy speeds are the average of sFCOT and sESAT, ISO/IEC 29183. Copy speed may vary depending on document complexity, copy mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. and does not take into account warming up time.
5. Wireless printing and scanning requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g/n capability, operating at 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
6. Requires an Internet connection and the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app, available for free on the App Store and at Google Play. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, and iPod touch 3rd generation or later devices running iOS 12.0 or later, and Android™ mobile devices running Android 4.4 or later. Your device must be connected to the same working network with wireless 802.11 b/g/n capability as your printer. Requires a compatible social media account and is subject to that social media account’s Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply.
7. AirPrint functionality requires a compatible iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch device running iOS 7.0 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
8. Requires Android™ mobile device with Android 4.4 operating system or later with the Mopria Print Service pre-loaded with that device and the compatible PIXMA printer on the same wireless network. The Mopria experience is also available on Android 4.4 or later mobile devices with a download of the Mopria Print Service from Google Play.