Canon Announces In Latin America Three New RF Lenses: The Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM and RF 600mm f/4L IS USM
MELVILLE, N.Y., April 21, 2021 – Canon U.S.A., Inc. – Latin America Group, a leader in digital imaging solutions, is pleased to announce the introduction of three new high-performance professional RF lenses today — The Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM and RF 600mm f/4L IS USM.
From Up-Close To Far Away, New Canon RF Lenses Have You Covered:
The Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM lens is not only Canon’s first RF lens designed specifically for macro photography, but also the world’s first1 medium telephoto macro lens with a maximum magnification of 1.4x. The new lens, designed for both advanced photo enthusiasts and professionals, takes macro photography expression to the next level with the introduction of a spherical aberration (SA) control ring. The SA control ring allows users to change the character and appearance of the bokeh and obtain a softer focus effect with a simple turning of the ring to the desired result. Additional features of the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM include:
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to five stops of Shake Correction2.
- When combined with a camera featuring In-Body Image Stabilizer, up to eight stops of shake correction3 is possible with coordinated operation of Optical and In-Body Image Stabilizer.
- Hybrid IS helps to compensate for angular and shift camera shake during macro shooting.
- High-speed, smooth and quiet auto focus with dual nano USM.
- Customizable control ring that allows photographers to adjust exposure compensation, shutter speed, aperture or ISO.
- Rugged Canon L-series dust and water-resistant design.
The Canon RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM and Canon RF 600mm f/4L IS USM are both designed to be optically identical to their EF counterparts. The RF 400mm and RF 600mm weigh in at 6.37 and 6.81 pounds with a minimum focusing distance of 8.2 and 13.8 feet, respectively. Both lenses share many of the same critical features that help professional high-end super-telephoto lenses stand out from the crowd. Those features include:
- Ideal for a wide variety of shooting situations, including sports, aviation, trains, automotive, and wildlife, such as birding.
- Optical Image Stabilization with up to 5.5 stops4 of shake correction. Including three IS Operation Modes — still subjects, panning, and irregular movement.
- Proprietary Canon lens coatings, Super Spectra Coating (SSC), and Air Sphere Coating (ASC) help minimize ghosting and flaring. Lens placement and coatings are optimized to provide users with clear, high-contrast images even when there is a bright light source.
- Lenses include fluorite and super UD lens elements arranged in such a way to help correct chromatic aberration and make the models more compact. Like the latest Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III USM and EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM lenses, released in the fall of 2018, weight on these RF-series super-telephotos has been significantly reduced vs. previous-generation Canon super tele designs.
- Compatible with Canon RF 1.4x and 2x extenders, and feature a customizable electronic focus ring, with manual focus capability during SERVO AF.
- A nine-blade circular aperture provides users beautiful bokeh and ideally blurred backgrounds when the aperture is stopped down.
- For added convenience when on a shoot, two focus presets are available. Users can instantly return to one of two memorized focus distances.
- Rugged Canon L-series dust and water-resistant design with vibration and shock resistance. The front element has been dressed with a fluorine coating for easy cleaning.
- Infrared reflective pigments with high reflectance and titanium oxide lens barrel coating with silica provide excellent UV weather resistance and heat reduction.
To learn more about the RF lenses, please visit www.cla.canon.com.
For Technical support and assistance, visit us at the following web page: www.cla.canon.com/support.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.:
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $33 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2019† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., Inc. – Latin America Group, sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.cla.canon.com/rss. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1. As an autofocus interchangeable lens for full-frame mirrorless cameras. Canon survey as of April 14, 2021.
2. Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards. Testing performed using the EOS R camera.
3. Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards. Testing performed using the EOS R5 camera.
4. Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards. Testing performed using the EOS R camera.