|Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in firmware:
The firmware (version 1.4.0) incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
Firmware Version 1.4.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.3.1 If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.4.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
- Adds support for outputting 8K/30p/10-bit video signals for ProRes RAW recording to ATOMOS's Ninja V+ recorder* via HDMI.
* If you have any questions about ATOMOS products, please contact ATOMOS directly.
* Please note that the recorder may become hot.
- Adds support for movie recording when the camera is connected to the CN-E 18-80mm T4.4L IS KAS S or CN-E 70-200mm T4.4 L IS KAS S EF cinema lenses.
* Still photography shooting is possible however performance is not guaranteed.
* Movie shooting in vertical position is possible however performance is not guaranteed.
* External power supply is required for AF operation during servo zoom operation. When there is no external power supply, AF operation is activated only when the servo zoom is not in use.
- Adds simultaneous movie recording capability on card 1 and card 2, however RAW movies and RAW (Light) movies cannot be recorded simultaneously on card 1 and card 2.
- Adds support for the VPG 400 (Video Performance Guarantee Profile), a standard based on the CFexpress 2.0 specification.
- Improves operation stability when using the RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM and RF 600mm f/4L IS USM.
- Fixes an issue in which, during HDMI connection, if the camera's screen turns off, a zebra pattern is displayed via the HDMI output.
- Fixes an issue in which sufficient image stabilization effects may not be attained immediately after the start of shooting.
The User Manual on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the User Manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.