|Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in firmware:
The firmware (version 1.5.0) incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
Firmware Version 1.5.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.4.0 If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.5.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
- Improves head detection performance to support helmets or goggles in winter sports.
- Adds [Vehicles] selection to [Subject to detect] selection in the [AF] tab to support the detection of automobiles and motorcycles in motorsports. Adds [Spot detection] when [Vehicles] is selected as the helmet of the driver or rider*.
* Detection may not be possible for ordinary passenger cars or bicycles, or for motorcyclists performing stunts or kicking up dirt and dust.
- Improves detection performance for eye detection when:
- - there are shadows on the face.
- - hair is hanging over the eyes.
- Adds support for torso detection of a person. If the eyes, face or head are hidden or cannot be detected, a person's torso will be detected and tracked continuously.
- Adds the ability to import manual white balance (MWB) data from the Quick Control screen when capturing still images.
- Eliminates the center press operation of the multi-controller to prevent accidentally transferring images during FTP transfer.
- Adds the ability, when using EOS Utility or Browser Remote for remote shooting with two cards inserted, to set the recording method and to select which card to be recorded to.
- Adds [Suppress lower frame rate] to [Smooth] in [Disp. performance], enabling the shooting screen to be displayed with less drop frame rate even in dark locations.
- Adds support for the RF 5.2mm f/2.8L Dual Fisheye lens.
- Changes the default value of [FTP server] → [Passive mode] to [Enable].
- Improves operation stability during FTP transfer.
- Optimizes controls of In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS) when using specific EF lenses not equipped with the image stabilization function.
- Fixes an issue, in which noise occurs along the edges of bright subjects when using Canon Log for movie recording.
The User Manual on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the User Manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.