|Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in firmware:
The firmware (version 1.2.0) incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
Firmware Version 1.2.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.1.1. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.2.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
- When using high-speed or low-speed continuous shooting modes, in Drive Mode with [High Speed Display: OFF], the visibility of the subject within the frame has been improved when shooting moving objects.*
* During continuous shooting black frames will be inserted between frames in the viewfinder and live view. This will improve the visibility of moving subjects in live view and in the viewfinder.
- Adds the [Auto] setting to the [Viewfinder brightness] menu that will brighten and dim based on ambient light conditions.
- Enables 2nd curtain shooting sync during radio transmission wireless flash shooting when the Speedlight EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
- Enables manual flash output (excluding high-speed sync and optical transmission wireless flash shooting) to be selected and set up to 1/8192 from the camera menu screen when the Speedlight EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
- Improves compatibility of HEIF images recorded in the camera with MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format) standards.
- Adds support for AF and release during zoom operations for some RF and EF lenses.
Once the EOS R5 is updated to Firmware Version 1.2.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 to 1.1.1).
The User Manual on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the User Manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.
The following Applications have been updated accordingly:
- Digital Photo Professional 4.13.20
- EOS Utility 3.13.10
- Camera Connect 2.7.20
- Digital Photo Professional Express 1.4.0
Please download the Applications as well as the latest firmware.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.