|Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in the Firmware
Firmware Version 1.1.6 incorporates the following fix:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function normally when images are simultaneously displayed on the camera’s LCD monitor and an external monitor (via HDMI output).
The Version 1.1.6 firmware being released at this time is for cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.4 or earlier. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.6, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first go over the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately six minutes.
- Once the EOS-1D X Mark II is updated to Version 1.1.2 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 to 1.0.2).
- Camera settings files created using a camera running Firmware Version 1.0.2 (or earlier) cannot be used on a camera running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later).
- Please use the latest EOS Utility version with the EOS-1D X Mark II after the camera has been updated to Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later). The latest version of EOS Utility can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site.
EOS Utility Version 3.5.00 or later support cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later)
- Accompanying functional improvements of Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later), the instructional manual has been revised. The latest version of the instruction manual can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site, so please download the instruction manual together with the new firmware.
- When using Version 4.7.10 (or earlier) of Digital Photo Professional to edit JPEG/RAW images captured with a camera updated to Firmware Version 1.1.4 (or later), some of the Exif data may be deleted. In addition, chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer cannot be used when processing RAW images captured using a TS-E lens (TS-E17mm F4L, TS-E24mm F3.5L II, TS-E50mm F2.8L Macro, TS-E90mm F2.8L Macro, or TS-E135mm F4L Macro). Please be sure to update Digital Photo Professional to Version 4.7.20 (or later) before performing image processing.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: 1DX20116.FIR / file size: 41,776,848 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
Details of Change for This Firmware
Firmware Version 1.1.4
- Support has been added for chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer when using Digital Photo Professional to process RAW images captured with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 17mm f/4L, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Support for Exif 2.31 has been added.
Firmware Version 1.1.3
- Corrects a phenomenon in which the drive mode icon is not correctly displayed when using custom shooting modes (C1/C2/C3).
- Changes the maximum number of “Release cycles” displayed from 1,000,000 cycles to 9,999,000 cycles. This value can be checked under the “Camera system information” menu.
- Improves the reliability of communication via USB cable when using the Lens Data Registration function within EOS Utility 3 software.
Firmware Version 1.1.2
- The addition of a selectable color-tone option for the LCD monitor.
- The addition of a function to append IPTC data.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.